- Refined, chrome tanned leather epitomizes high end style
- Firm, smooth leather will have a consistent color and feel shipment to shipment
- The flesh side is smooth and consistent so your project looks great from all sides
- Average square feet: 20-25
- Average width: 30"-36"
- Average length: 85"-100"
- Thickness/weight: 3 to 4 oz.
- Grade: Tannery Run (TR)
- Gauged: Evenly throughout
- Content: Imported cowhide
- Cut: Side
- Priced: Per side based on average square feet
The time involved and expense of veg tanned leathers led to the development of chrome tanning in the mid-1800s. Chrome tanning takes about a day in contrast to the one to three-month veg tanning process, making it a more economical choice. Today, about 80-90% of the world’s leather supply is chrome tanned and it is heralded for its stain and water resistance as well as its consistency in color.
Ideal for bags, backpacks, purses, chaps, vests and personal accessories.