- Hot stuffed so tallows and waxes permeate to the leather’s core, producing an exceptional feel and weather resistance
- Well set out to help reduce neck wrinkles and minimize waste
- A coat of oil will add extra depth of color to the rich brown color
- 100% veg tanned with no harsh chemicals
- 9/11 oz. only available in Russet
Please note: The oil content makes this leather unsuitable for molding or stamping
|Average square feet:
||Tannery Run (TR)
||In neck (except leveled hides are gauged evenly throughout)
||Per Side based on average square feet
gun and carry belts
And other projects where you want a heavier weight leather
When you need something heavyweight, this hot stuffed leather fits the bill. The hot stuffing process ensures this leather will look and perform well for years as the oils and waxes from the core of the leather rise to the surface keeping it supple and conditioned. This is one of those leathers that will just about last forever with proper care and maintenance. Please be aware that the oil content makes this leather unsuitable for molding or stamping.
Hot stuffing is a process that dates back hundreds of years. The tanner utilizes heat to stuff the leather with a blend of natural waxes and tallows. This impregnates the leather to the core ensuring a supple, weather-resistant finish that’s prized by many leather artisans. Hot stuffed leathers may bloom, or develop a cloudy, hazy look as the oils come to the surface. This bloom can be easily buffed away or will wear away as the item created from this leather is used.