- Create a leather tote bag that will turn heads with this pattern complete with instructions to ensure a successful project
- Includes a paper pattern and complete preparation and assembly instructions
- You will need to provide your own leather, hardware and tools for use with this pattern; see specifications below for details
- Finished tote bag will measure 16-1/2" W x 13" H
- Project requires approximately 11 s.f. of leather for this project. Main body measure 32" x 18"
This tote bag pattern with instructions is a great place to start in building your next leather project. Have fun selecting your own leather for the bag and straps to create a tote that suits your unique style. With step-by-step instructions, you can confidently build a tote you'll treasure for years to come. See specifications for a complete list of leather, hardware and tools you'll need to complete this project. Your finished tote will measure a roomy 16-1/2" W x 13" H, perfect for carrying your essentials and then some.
What You Will Need:
- Leather for bag - the leather used in the instructions is a 3/4 oz. chrome tanned, however, you can use anywhere from 3-5 oz.
- Leather for straps - we recommend 3/4" wide, 8/9 oz.
- Scratch Awl
- Straight Edge
- 8 Chicago Screws with 1/4" Post or 8 Solid Copper Rivets and Burrs
- 6 Double Cap Rivets - 1/4" Length
- Rivet Setter
- Maul or Mallet
- Stitching Chisels
- Rotary Hole Punch
- Hammer or Metal Roller
- Canvas for slicking
- Gum Tragacanth
- Round End Punch