- Full thickness saddle skirting leather offers superior strength, perfect for items that will undergo lots of wear and tear
- Gorgeous color is struck through, giving this saddle skirting an impressive depth of color
- One of the best buys in skirting leather we've found, this veg tanned leather is a favorite with custom leatherworkers
- Exceptional firmness that takes tooling, carving and stamping beautifully
- 100% vegetable tanned with no harsh chemicals
|Average Square Feet:
||13-15 oz Imported Natural is Branded
All others are Tannery Run (TR)
||Per Side based on average square feet
rough out saddles
armor & weightlifting belts
If you're on the hunt for thicker leather that’s great for tooling and carving, your search is over. This leather comes in natural or a wide range of colors with the color struck through for amazing depth of color. It oils and dyes beautifully and you’ll love the way the chestnut transforms into a gorgeous deep chestnut with just one coat of oil. Available in your choice of a tannery run selection or a branded imported selection with the same quality tannage, only with a few brands that lend added character to the right project while offering a more economical price.
The folks at Chahin Tannery take the finest steer hides and veg tan them the old-fashioned way using a tightly-controlled, four-week process that utilizes tree bark and other natural tannins for leather that offers the ultimate in beauty and workability.