- This soft, luxurious Italian leather is the result of slow, old-fashioned vegetable tanning and the deep-rooted artisan tradition that thrives in the Leather District of Tuscany
- Certified by the “Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium,” a non-profit organization that holds member tanneries to the highest quality and production standards, and safeguards the centuries-old practice of vegetable tanning that the Tuscan region is known for
- Traditional vegetable tanned leather can be appreciated for the small marks and veins that add character, as well as its unmistakable scent and rich shades of color
- The vegetable tanning process is 100% natural, hypoallergenic and metal-free
- Greased with “Sego” tallow oil for a soft, pliable feel
- Drum dyed leather in rich colors that add a touch of personality and style to any project
- Lightweight and supple with a gorgeous natural grain pattern, this leather is ideal for creating bags, wallets and other accessories
|Average square feet:
||14 - 16
||40" - 45"
||50" - 55"
||Tannery Run (TR)
||Per Double shoulder based on average square feet
This 100% natural vegetable tanned leather is certified by the “Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium,” a non-profit organization that holds member tanneries to the highest quality and production standards, and safeguards the centuries-old practice of vegetable tanning that the Tuscan Leather District is known for. Member tanneries work in symbiosis with the environment, merging traditional vegetable tanning methods with cutting-edge technology and innovations. By utilizing hides that are discarded byproducts of the food industry and tanning with natural, hypo-allergenic, metal-free tannins, these tanneries are able to deliver beautiful leather hides through sustainable practices.