- Beautiful latigo leather is chrome veg retanned using U.S. heavy native steer hides
- Perfect blend of greases and waxes
- Offers durability, high tensile strength and easy cutting for high quality leather projects
- Well set out with a great top finish
- Chrome tannage lends a touch of strength while the veg tannage excels at adding excellent firmness and durability
- A great leather for making pet products, gun belts, firefighter gear, reins, cinches, saddle strings, braided lines, western tack and more
- What is latigo leather?
Western Tack & More
With exceptional weather resistance, latigo leather has a history of being used for horse cinches. It is first chrome tanned and then veg tanned resulting in a leather that has a great mix of strength, durability and firmness. The waxes and oils infused in this latigo leather give it exceptional temper and feel that make it a good choice for so much more than horse cinches. Imagine using this leather for everything from pet collars and leashes to gun belts. Plus, you’ll notice the flesh side of this latigo looks almost as nice as the grain side. Latigo makes great laces and saddle strings as well so be sure to check out our cutting service if you’d like our team of professionals to cut this leather to your specifications.
Chrome veg retanned leather offers the best of both worlds. It is first chrome tanned and then retanned with vegetable extracts. The chrome tannage lends a touch of strength while the veg tannage excels at adding excellent firmness and durability. A mix of waxes and oils gives this latigo a supple feel that makes it a welcome addition to a variety of projects.
|Average square feet: 21-24||Approximate width: 30"-36"|
|Approximate length: 85"-100"||Grade: Tannery Run (TR)|
|Gauged: In butt||Content: U.S. cowhide|
|Available cut: Side||Priced: Per side based on average square feet|