- Beautifully tools, stamps and carves, making this heavyweight skirting leather a great choice when you need a combination of durability and workability
- Full thickness leather offers superior strength
- Hermann Oak® skirting leather is trusted by leather artisans and saddlemakers for their finest projects
- Veg tanned leather molds well, making it a top choice for a variety of leather working projects
- 100% vegetable tanned with no harsh chemicals
rough out saddles
weight lifting belts
Armor and other heavyweight projects you’d like to carve, stamp or tool
Starting with the best heavyweight leather is essential on some projects. When you want top-of-the-line results, this beauty from the folks at Hermann Oak® delivers. Trusted by saddle makers who are investing hours upon hours of time and painstaking work in their projects, this saddle skirting leather has just the right oil content and adding water will allow you to soften and mold the leather for beautiful tooling, stamping and carving. After your work dries, this leather will be crisp, firm and ready to accept your preferred amount of oil. The chestnut deepens to a beautiful reddish brown with just one coat of oil.
Just a glance at the flesh side of this skirting leather reveals vein marks so you know you’re getting the best of the best, full thickness leather you can count on for projects that require strength. Veg tanned without harsh chemicals using a tightly-controlled process that utilizes tree bark and other natural tannins, this leather is prized for both its beauty and its workability. On average, veg tanned hides undergo a one to three-month process that’s reflected in the beauty, workability and cost of the final product.
|Average square feet: 22-24||Approximate width: 30"-36"|
|Approximate length: 85"-100"||Grade: Tannery Run (TR)|
|Gauged: In butt||Content: U.S. cowhide|
|Available cut: Side||Priced: Per side based on average square feet|