- Beautiful quality strap leather tools, stamps, carves and molds like butter!
- Dry skived on the back, ensuring precise, consistent splitting to just the right thickness
- Very clean leather with natural finish that, unlike bleached leather, decreases the odds that you’ll be surprised with natural marks after its oiled
- Precisely split by Hermann Oak's skilled technicians, giving you the convenience of ordering the right thickness for your projects
- Versatile strap leather can be left natural for a classic look, oiled for a deeper patina, or dyed for a custom color — the choice is yours!
- A customer favorite, this leather is one of our top recommendations for tooling and stamping enthusiasts
- Trusted by hobbyists and professionals alike for a wide range of leather work projects
|Average Square Feet:
||Tannery Run (TR)
||Evenly Throughout (except 9/10 oz. is gauged in butt)
||Per side based on average square feet
Projects you’d like to tool, carve or mold
When you take a close look at this veg tan strap leather, you’ll notice a subtle open grain that helps you attain greater depth in your tooling, stamping and carving for details that will seem to leap off your finished work. This leather also molds like a dream and showcases a natural color that’s beautiful as is or can be dyed and oiled to achieve the look you desire. Veg tanned without any harsh chemicals, this leather comes from our friends at Hermann Oak®, a tannery that has over a century of experience producing the finest leather. Perfect for a wide range of leather work projects.
Veg tanned the old-fashioned way using a tightly-controlled process that utilizes tree bark and other natural tannins, this leather is prized for both its beauty and its workability. On average, veg tanned hides undergo a one to three-month process that’s reflected in the beauty, workability and cost of the final product.