- Vegetable tanned calfskin leather is a blank canvas for your artistic vision
- Carves and tools like a dream
- 2-3 oz. weight will form to any desired shape with maximum detail
- Very tight grain elevates this kipskin, making it great for small leather goods
- Calfskin liners are the perfect additions to belts, holsters, arm guards, and more
|Average square feet:
||Tannery Run (TR)
||Per Side based on average square feet
Ideal for lining Holsters, and Belt Blanks and for small leather goods that require a very clean piece of leather
Calfskin, also referred to as “kipskin,” is the ultimate liner. It’s only 2-3 oz., and it takes dye very well. Dye the liner the same color as your project or dye it a different color from the face leather for a captivating contrast. If you need to line a belt or arm guard, leave it natural to avoid dye rub-off. And because calfskin forms well, it’s a great choice for lining holsters. Apart from being a great liner, kipskin is also a gorgeous canvas for tooling and stamping. Designs seem to come alive on its beautiful surface.
Veg tanned the old-fashioned way using tree bark and other natural tannins, this kipskin leather is prized for both its beauty and its workability. On average, veg tanned hides undergo a one to three-month process that’s reflected in the beauty, workability and cost of the final product.