- Economical strap leather bellies with high quality tannage that make them great to work with
- Perfect for smaller leathercraft projects and trying out new techniques
- 100% vegetable tanned with no harsh chemicals
- Veg tan strap leather bellies won't corrode metal, making them a favorite for projects like knife sheaths and holsters
- If you're new to leathercrafting, these leather bellies are an affordable way to get started
- Perfect for leather linings on a wide range of leather works
|Average square feet:
||Tannery Run (TR)
||Per belly based on average square feet
When you want a great leather at a price that won’t break the bank, these strap leather bellies are what our team recommends. From leather for crafts to leather for liners, holsters, and more, these bellies are a great choice. This leather tools, embosses, dyes and oils beautifully. When you touch these leather bellies, you’ll experience the soft, supple nature of this budget-friendly cut. Check out this video by Chuck Dorsett for more insight into why veg tan bellies are a great choice for crafters.
Veg tanned the old-fashioned way using a tightly-controlled process that utilizes tree bark and other natural tannins, this leather won’t corrode metal, making it perfect for creating holsters and knife sheaths. On average, veg tanned hides undergo a one to three-month process that results in exceptional beauty and workability.