- Leather's worst enemies sun, sweat, and wet weather are no match for the excellent protection of Saddle Butter®
- Replaces natural oils in leather with the original saddlemaker's recipe of Pure® neatsfoot oil, beeswax and Brazilian carnauba wax
- Waterproofs and conditions, giving old and new leather that coveted mellow feeling
- Natural waxes buff to a soft, hand-rubbed finish when dry
- As close to neutral pH as possible, this formula causes little to no discoloration of leather
- Perfect for fine, top grain leather tack
Made using the same all natural formula since its launch in 1936, Saddle Butter remains one of the finest leather care products available. It works by replacing the natural oils in leather that are lost through use and exposure with a blend of the finest natural oils and fats that have the same properties as those found within the leather. Unlike heavier products, saddle butter melts at body temperature, which allows for deeper penetration of the leather both when first applied and later when your leather is used. It softens dry leather and helps to waterproof as it conditions the hide, helping maintain the leather’s strength and giving it a wonderful, soft supple feel. The ultra-fine texture won’t leave your tack feeling sticky or rub off onto your clothes as oils tend to do. Saddle Butter works on all fine, top-grained leather. It has a close to neutral pH and will cause little to no discoloration of leather (always do a patch test first!). It contains a combination of fine waxes and ingredients, including beeswax and carnauba wax, tallows and pure neatsfoot oil. Each ingredient is a pure animal or vegetable product. Absolutely NO modern synthetics, mineral oils or commonly used leather-treating chemicals are used, as they break down the natural fiber and slowly rot your fine leather goods.